Allan joins his wife, Carol, to work as a residential sales team at Marsh Properties. Carol has represented clients for Marsh Properties in Boston and Newport, RI for 21 years. They have been central Boston residents for 37 years.
He enjoyed a 50-year career in urban and environmental planning including a 34-year executive management role with a global planning and engineering firm. He specialized in land use, zoning and comprehensive planning as well as environmental impact analyses of major infrastructure projects. Previously he performed market analyses, development programming and financial feasibility analyses for real estate development projects in the Boston area and nationally with a real estate economic consulting firm.
Allan has actively participated in professional and community associations including:
- Previously a trustee of a Beacon Hill condominium association and Management Committee member of a Newport, RI condominium association;
- Currently a member of the Board of Managers, Residences at the Ritz Carlton, South Tower, in downtown Boston;
- Previously a member of the Boston Landmarks Commission;
- Previously a member of the Beacon Hill Civic Association Board of Directors, Zoning and Licensing Committee;
- Fellow of the American Institute of Certified Planners;
- Member, Massachusetts Association of Consulting Planners;
- Member, Leadership Team of the Downtown Boston Residents Association; and
- Member, Boston Common Committee of the Friends of the Public Garden.
- Degrees in community development from Southern Illinois University and Urban Planning from Michigan State University;
He enjoys playing the piano, travel and Newport, where Carol and he have had a second home for 21 years. They are also happy to assist interested clients in finding a Newport home.